You are here:
- The Club shall be known as “The Rotherham Rambling Club”.
- The purpose of this Club is to encourage an appreciation of the countryside in all its aspects and seasons
through the recreational medium of walking and associated activities.
- The Club shall be administered by a Committee elected by members (16 years and over).
- The Committee shall consist of Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, Programme Secretary
and no more than five Committee members.
- The election of the Committee members shall take place at each Annual General Meeting by ballot slip.
- Nominations must be handed to the Secretary 14 days prior to the Annual General Meeting.
- The Committee shall meet no less than four times during its term of office.
- In the event of a vacancy, nominations and elections will take place at the first available Club Night.
- The Committee, at any time, and 20 members giving notice, shall have the power to call an Extraordinary
- The number necessary for a Quorum is two thirds of the Committee and the Chairperson holds the casting
- The Treasurer shall publish a financial statement for the Annual General Meeting.
- The Committee is responsible for producing an annual programme.
- Amendment to the Constitution shall be at the Annual General Meeting and will be by two-thirds majority of members present.
- Members shall observe the Country Code.
- Annual subscription (fixed by the Committee) will be payable and effective from 1st January.
- Every walk will have a designated walk leader.
- All events to be as self-financing as possible.
- The Club and organisers accept no responsibility for any loss or injury sustained by persons on rambles or
any other event.
- The Committee shall have the power to expel any member whose conduct, in their opinion, render him/her
unfit for membership.
- The Club may, at any time, be dissolved by consent of three-fourths of the members, testified by their
signatures to an instrument of dissolution.